Carolynn Ranftle of Rutland Historical Society presents, Discovering Some of the Amazing Women in Rutland’s Past.
When: March 19, 2020 @ 2 p.m.
Where: Grace Church Chapel and parlor
About: In celebration of Women’s History Month, Fortnightly will be featuring at talk from Rutland Historical Society about the area’s amazing women of the past. Featured pieces will be:
- The recipient of the Bronze Star for her heroics in World War II
- An educator who made her start in rented space at the Nickwackett Firehouse
- An early Physician who practiced medicine for 34 years
- The granddaughter of Julia Dorr who made her mark in the Arts and Crafts Movement design world
- A woman who devoted her work to the Rutland Community all of her adult life
- And finally, two women who kept secret their careers as prolific children’s authors by writing under nom de plumes: Margaret Warde and John Prescott Earl
Grace Church Chapel, 2 PM As always, tea and sweets will be served in the Parlor after the program. All are welcome!
For further information or to arrange transportation, call the Church Office (775.4301)