Carolynn Ranftle of Rutland Historical Society presents, Discovering Some of the Amazing Women in Rutland’s Past.
When: March 19, 2020 @ 2 p.m.
Where: Grace Church Chapel and parlor
About: In celebration of Women’s History Month, Fortnightly will be featuring at talk from Rutland Historical Society about the area’s amazing women of the past. Featured pieces will be:
- The recipient of the Bronze Star for her heroics in World War II
- An educator who made her start in rented space at the Nickwackett Firehouse
- An early Physician who practiced medicine for 34 years
- The granddaughter of Julia Dorr who made her mark in the Arts and Crafts Movement design world
- A woman who devoted her work to the Rutland Community all of her adult life
- And finally, two women who kept secret their careers as prolific children’s authors by writing under nom de plumes: Margaret Warde and John Prescott Earl
Grace Church Chapel, 2 PM As always, tea and sweets will be served in the Parlor after the program. All are welcome!
For further information or to arrange transportation, call the Church Office (775.4301)
Fortnightly presents, A Christmas Concert with piano and cello.
When: Thursday, Dec. 19 at 2 p.m.
Where: Grace Church Sanctuary
We are located on the corner of Court and West. For parking, enter our lot from
West Street. Street parking is also available on Court Street.
The handicap entrance may be accessed through the north side portico of Grace Church via the parking lot. The elevator is located in the central part of the building.
About: Grace Church music department is delighted to present the annual Fortnightly Christmas concert on December 19 at 2 p.m. This year, Alastair Stout will accompany local cellist, Marina Smakhtina, in a selection of seasonal favorites, including well-loved carols and other sacred and secular works.
Free admission, all welcome.
The Fortnightly presents: “A Trip to Cuba” with Dr. Alis Headlam
When: Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Where: Grace Church Chapel
About: Join The Fortnightly in welcoming Dr. Alis Headlam in “A Trip to Cuba”. Tea & Sweets will follow the presentation in the Parlor. For further Information, call the Church Office (775.4301) or Bonnie Kelly (775.2249)
All are welcome! If transportation is needed, contact Bonnie Kelly.
A yearly due of $10.00 will be collected.