In January 2023:
- We served 3,049 breakfasts for an average 179 per day
- We served 2,552 lunches for an average of 150 per day.
- We served a total of 255 households which was a total of 246 individuals.
- We served 117 different individuals accessed our food pantry, and we gave out 938 items from the pantry.
- We gave out 273 items of clothing and hygiene items.
We continue to be in need of items for our clothing store such as warm clothing for both men and women, blankets, socks, and underwear. For our pantry we need crackers and ready to eat meals that folks can warm up in the microwave or canned items with a pull up lid. For our kitchen we need items such as pancake syrup, butter, half and half, milk, frozen fruit, sugar, salt, pepper and coffee.
We want to express our gratitude for all of you who donate your time, items and money to help us Feed Our Neighbors. We are beginning to offer other community resources to our guests onsite which has been a blessing. We are still in need of volunteers on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays anytime from 6:30-11:30. We have many different jobs and can always use assistance with a variety of things that need to be done.
Not only are we feeding folks but we are becoming mentors to those in our community who need assistance in a variety of ways. Currently we have someone who wants to learn how to cook.
If you believe you may have a gift and would like to mentor someone while teaching them how to cook so they can cook for their family please let Ellie know. You can use our kitchen to provide this support.
Please be in touch with Ellie McGarry at 802-236-3136 if you have any questions or can volunteer.