This year Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, February 17. The Learning with Grace Committee is collecting your reflections on stirring up “good trouble” for our 2nd Lenten Daily Devotional Booklet. Here is what the UCC has said about the theme for Lent this year:
The late Representative John Lewis of Georgia talked about stirring up “good trouble” that leads to justice. Jesus stirs up a lot of good trouble in the Lenten Gospels this year…
YOU are invited to submit your reflection on Stirring up Good Trouble, however that theme has touched your life and however you would like to share it (prose, poetry, artwork)
- Your reflection must fit on a 4 ½ by 8 ½ space (half a sheet of paper)
- You may include scripture if you so choose, but it is not required.
- Your reflection MUST be received in the church office by Friday, February 12 so the booklet will be ready by Ash Wednesday.
- You may email the reflection to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com or mail it to: Grace Church – Lent, 8 Court Street, Rutland, VT 05701
- If you would also like to read/show your reflection for a midweek or Sunday recording for Lent, please contact the Church Office at 775-4301.
Thank you for helping to create a community Lenten devotional guide. Your story is part of Grace’s story! And even during a pandemic, our Lenten journey is a shared one!