Dear Grace Church Family:
It is with a heavy heart that the Grace Church ReOpening Committee and the Grace Church Council have come to the decision that we must pause our in-person Sunday Worship services and large special events at this time, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. We WILL resume when it is safer to gather together.
Each week, Grace Church will continue to offer PEG-TV and online worship opportunities, via this Grace Church website (using YouTube and Facebook Live videos). Please click here for online worship experiences. For more information, here is an Introduction to Online Services. Currently, the Sunday Facebook Live services will air at 10:00 AM instead of 8:30 AM.
- We will look for ZOOM, Facebook Live, and PEGTV alternatives for our smaller groups and musical events to continue connecting.
- Council, individual committees, and/or business meetings will be switched to ZOOM only. There will be clarifications and updates published each week in the Grace Good News. Additional updates will be included in the December STAR, and via phone calls to those we know do not receive the Grace Good News. Please check your email or call the Church Office if you have questions.
- The AA Meetings hosted by Grace Church will continue for the time being, to the extent that they can do so consistent with State guidance.
- We encourage folks to stay connected – and to reach out to the Church Office in times of need. Marty Barclay, Dee Bort, and the Diaconate team are working to keep our Grace connections alive even though we may be physically separated.
- The Church Office will remain open at this time; however, we will be utilizing strict policies of tracking, spacing, and cleaning. If you find the doors on the West Street side of the building locked – please go to the door nearest the playground off Center Street and ring the doorbell to reach the Office staff. Some staff will continue to work on-site as necessary – others will tune in remotely when appropriate.
- The ReOpening Committee will continue to monitor the guidance from the State of Vermont, and meet virtually each Tuesday at 1 PM via ZOOM, making sure to utilize the statewide data that is published each Tuesday morning to continue to assess the pandemic as it relates to Grace Church. Members of the ReOpening Committee include: Pastor Alberta Wallace, Alastair Stout, Diane Chartrand, Kit Wallace, Beth Wolven, Ken Willis, Marty Barclay, Winnie Denis, Sue Best, Laura Zmurko, Matt Getty, Fred Bates, and Greg Ellis.
Please know that we are doing all that we can to remain a community of caring during these unsettling times. We understand this situation is changing daily. Your prayers are appreciated!
Please be well, practice safe habits, and pray for the outcome we all want.
God be with you all.